A Little More About Us
We are a growing team who are partial to creativity and fun. We create technology that we as gamers would want to use. Our goal is to make the easiest to use platform for recording, replaying, and reliving your games. Period. Creating and managing replays shouldn’t be a chore. We want everyone to have what they need to improve their skills and laugh with their friends, all in one package.
Our office is cozy, which fits our close-knit group of fun-loving folks. We have that startup feel and offer free snacks and drinks and catered lunch on Fridays. Our office building has a gym, plenty of areas to stretch our legs outdoors, and is located near Caltrain. We relax with monthly events such as gift exchanges, themed potlucks, and Magic: The Gathering tournaments.
Everyone at Plays.tv works hard and puts their unique signature on what they do. We’ve got a hot pot of assorted personalities that stew really well together. We also really like food.
Senior Backend Software Engineer
Plays.tv is looking for an outstanding, highly motivated Senior Backend Software Engineer to join our team. The ideal candidate has strong experience building web applications. You strive to write high quality, tight and efficient code; know what it takes to ship a solid application to millions of users, and how to support those users. In addition, you have excellent communication skills, love solving complex problems, and want to provide a voice in product design and direction. Our engineering culture is centered around small groups and our teams get to launch new features quickly while enjoying a healthy amount of autonomy.
- 5+ years of experience in design and development of web applications
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science/Engineering
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals
- Creative thinker who thrives in a small-team environment
- Familiarity with the LAMP stack, particularly PHP5
- Experience with data storage and design in SQL/NoSQL systems
- Experience in MySQL, Cassandra, and Hadoop a plus
- Ability to balance speed of development with code quality in a fast paced development environment
- Experience with caching, asynchronous processing, and other methods of meeting scalability challenges in a user-facing web product
- Experience managing and querying metrics / analytics systems a plus
- Passion for the gaming industry is a huge plus
* Please submit your resume to email@example.com