A Little More About Us
We are a growing team who are partial to creativity and fun. We create technology that we as gamers would want to use. Our goal is to make the easiest to use platform for recording, replaying, and reliving your games. Period. Creating and managing replays shouldn’t be a chore. We want everyone to have what they need to improve their skills and laugh with their friends, all in one package.
Our office is cozy, which fits our close-knit group of fun-loving folks. We have that startup feel and offer free snacks and drinks and catered lunch on Fridays. Our office building has a gym, plenty of areas to stretch our legs outdoors, and is located near Caltrain. We relax with monthly events such as gift exchanges, themed potlucks, and Magic: The Gathering tournaments.
Everyone at Plays.tv works hard and puts their unique signature on what they do. We’ve got a hot pot of assorted personalities that stew really well together. We also really like food.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Director/Senior Product Manager
We are looking for a highly motivated Director / Senior Product Manager to join our team of passionate thinkers and problem solvers. The ideal candidate is someone who has experience leading product exploration and definition within fast-paced businesses that deliver consumer-facing products and services. You understand the problem that we are solving and know what is required to measure the success of our efforts. You thrive in an individual contributor role, but enjoy partnering with people from across the organization.
- Be a champion for the consumer and user experience
- Drive necessary conversations to identify key customer needs and business goals
- Assist in aligning priorities and developing the product roadmap/backlog
- Define features & processes: partner with the design team to translate concepts to requirements (for either MVP or iteration)
- Manage sprint kick off process and support ongoing daily workflow of designers and engineers
- Measure results of development efforts and determine the path forward
- Partner with Marketing and other business functions to improve customer messaging channels and tools
- 8+ years of product management experience in consumer software
- Strong oral and written communication skills; extremely attentive to detail
- Ability to work independently while maintaining alignment with leadership team
- BA/BS and previous startup experience a plus
Senior Product Designer
As a Senior Product Designer at Plays.tv, you will work closely with our Product Design team to build our core desktop, web, and mobile products for gamers and the gaming community. You will have a strong understanding and practice of user experience design, visual design, user research, information architecture, interaction design, content strategy, analytics, and accessibility.
- Design for desktop, web, and mobile interfaces, applying standard user-centered design guidelines and techniques
- Develop detailed use cases, user workflows, and user interface requirements and specifications utilizing user stories, context scenarios, journey mapping, wireframes and other design deliverables
- Create consistent and cohesive visual designs and graphical assets for user interfaces across different platforms
- Design and implement methods that provide development teams and business stakeholders an understanding of the needs and behavioral traits of end users
- Collaborate with product managers to define product requirements, markets, and users by participating in competitive analysis, user research, and developing personas
- Work closely with developers to implement pixel perfect designs with a strong understanding of front end development and technical constraints
- 4+ years of product design experience
- Bachelor’s degree in human-computer interaction, design, cognitive science, communication technologies, information science, or relevant work experience
- Experience applying user-centered design methods such as user research, personas, information architecture, wireframing, rapid prototyping, and usability testing
- Demonstrated experience working on desktop, web, and mobile applications
- Proficiency with design tools such as Sketch, Zeplin, Photoshop, Illustrator, and prototyping tools
Bonus Points If:
- You play video games on PC
- You have experience shipping products related to gaming or video consumer products
**To apply, please provide your resume and portfolio of current and past work
Senior Backend Software Engineer
Plays.tv is looking for an outstanding, highly motivated Senior Backend Software Engineer to join our team. The ideal candidate has strong experience building web applications. You strive to write high quality, tight and efficient code; know what it takes to ship a solid application to millions of users, and how to support those users. In addition, you have excellent communication skills, love solving complex problems, and want to provide a voice in product design and direction. Our engineering culture is centered around small groups and our teams get to launch new features quickly while enjoying a healthy amount of autonomy.
- 5+ years of experience in design and development of web applications
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science/Engineering
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals
- Creative thinker who thrives in a small-team environment
- Proficient in PHP and/or Python
- Experience with data storage and design in SQL/NoSQL systems
- Ability to balance speed of development with code quality in a fast paced development environment
- Experience with caching, asynchronous processing, and other methods of meeting scalability challenges in a user-facing web product
- Experience deploying to AWS infrastructure a plus
- Passion for the gaming industry is a huge plus