A Little More About Us
Used by eSports pros and built for you, Plays is the best way to record, review, and share your gameplay. Upload content and share to the community, or enable live spectating and stream directly to your friends!
Our office is based in San Mateo, close to Caltrain. We host game nights and cater lunch on Fridays. We have a lot of openings so reach out and let us know why you’re interested in joining Plays!
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re looking for a highly motivated Product Designer to join our team. The ideal candidate is passionate about games and has experience designing web and mobile applications.
- Remain actively involved with Product Management in defining product UX strategy.
- Understand and maintain user personas and archetypes. Be an advocate for user-centric design.
- Work closely with stakeholders to define end-to-end user experience, from high-level market strategy to feature-level deliverables.
- Clearly communicate design concepts though user journeys, wireframes, high-fidelity mocks, and prototypes.
- Work closely with Engineering to support designs.
- Develop and maintain design systems.
- Experience designing digital products (eg. web apps, mobile apps) and websites.
- Ability to think through user problems and synthesize elegant, user friendly solutions.
- An understanding that technology that may impact design, and an ability to work within those parameters.
- Strong interpersonal skills. A great listener and communicator of design solutions.
- A portfolio demonstrating structured design process and follow thru.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience in Product and/or User Experience Design.
Plays.tv is looking for an outstanding, highly motivated Senior Backend Software Engineer to join our team. The ideal candidate has strong experience building web applications. You strive to write high quality, tight and efficient code; know what it takes to ship a solid application to millions of users, and how to support those users. In addition, you have excellent communication skills, love solving complex problems, and want to provide a voice in product design and direction. Our engineering culture is centered around small groups and our teams get to launch new features quickly while enjoying a healthy amount of autonomy.
- 5+ years of experience in design and development of web applications
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science/Engineering
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals
- Creative thinker who thrives in a small-team environment
- Proficient in PHP and/or Python
- Experience with data storage and design in SQL/NoSQL systems
- Ability to balance speed of development with code quality in a fast paced development environment
- Experience with caching, asynchronous processing, and other methods of meeting scalability challenges in a user-facing web product
- Experience deploying to AWS infrastructure a plus
- Passion for the gaming industry is a huge plus
As a Front-end Engineer, you will be responsible for implementing Plays.tv’s user-facing applications on the web. We’re looking for individuals with solid, deep web UI development skills and experience, have an eye for clean and elegant interfaces, who are competitive yet collaborative, and have an interest in gaming.
- 3+ years of experience in developing web applications
- Familiarity with CSS3 transitions and animations
- Experience in coding standards-compliant semantic markup in HTML/CSS, priding yourself in using best practices when writing clean, optimized code
- Experience developing in an OOP and MVC architecture
- Experience in building end consumer web applications in PHP
- Strong interest in PC games