A Little More About Us
Used by pros and built for you, Plays is the best way to record, review, and share your gameplay. Our mission is to build a platform that helps you win more games.
Our office is based in Redwood City, close to Caltrain and we have a gym on site. We host game nights, catered lunch on Fridays, breakfast on Tuesdays, and have a break room stocked with free snacks and drinks. We have a lot of openings so reach out and let us know why you’re interested in joining Plays.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
As Product Marketing Manager, you will help drive strategy and execution of all marketing initiatives. The ideal candidate is results-driven, detail-oriented, creative and a strong communicator. This is a cross functional role where you will work with multiple teams including product management, design, exec as well as with external partners. Your focus will be on building awareness and growth for Plays.tv.
- Direct the approach and messaging for all go-to-market efforts
- Manage and oversee our power user & influencer efforts focused on gathering user feedback and partnering to evangelize Plays within gaming communities
- Oversee efforts to understand user behavior through surveys, data, and communicating directly with core users
- Develop creative strategies to acquire new users through free traffic sources. Partner with with Product and Design to optimize those user journeys.
- Assist in managing our PR and communication efforts
- Help build our Social Media presence
- Serve as the primary point of contact for external partners
- Passionate about games, and in particular PC games
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of experience in a consumer technology-oriented product company
- Excellent project management skills
- Experience managing cross-functional efforts
- Experience developing and executing marketing campaigns which are measurable,
scalable, and cost effective
- Strong communication and copywriting skills
Plays.tv is looking for an outstanding, highly motivated Senior Backend Software Engineer to join our team. The ideal candidate has strong experience building web applications. You strive to write high quality, tight and efficient code; know what it takes to ship a solid application to millions of users, and how to support those users. In addition, you have excellent communication skills, love solving complex problems, and want to provide a voice in product design and direction. Our engineering culture is centered around small groups and our teams get to launch new features quickly while enjoying a healthy amount of autonomy.
- 5+ years of experience in design and development of web applications
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science/Engineering
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals
- Creative thinker who thrives in a small-team environment
- Proficient in PHP and/or Python
- Experience with data storage and design in SQL/NoSQL systems
- Ability to balance speed of development with code quality in a fast paced development environment
- Experience with caching, asynchronous processing, and other methods of meeting scalability challenges in a user-facing web product
- Experience deploying to AWS infrastructure a plus
- Passion for the gaming industry is a huge plus